Last Updated September 24, 2021
Akero may provide additional or supplemental privacy notices to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect the personal information, for example, in connection with our studies or clinical trials. These supplemental privacy policies govern how we may process your information in those contexts.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide: We may collect the following categories of personal information from you when you visit or otherwise interact with the Site.
- Contact details, such as your first name, last name, and email address, when you request information, complete an online form, ask to download content, register for a webcast or other event.
- Communications that we may collect communications that we exchange with you (such as the content of your message), including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise. While we do not intend to collect sensitive, health, or medical information through the Site, we may receive any information you voluntarily provide to us via email or otherwise. Because the Site is not intended to be used for the transmission of sensitive, health, or medical information, we request that you not share such information with us when you contact us through the Site.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications as well as details about how you engage with our communications.
Internet Activity Data: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may analyze the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site, broad geographical information, and navigation pattern.
In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site, including your Internet Protocol address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Data: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Moreover, on most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Site;
- To maintain and improve the Site;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you information we believe may be of interest to you, such as upcoming events, announcements, information about products and services, surveys, newsletters. You may opt out of receiving emails as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties in the ordinary course of business, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with providers of services on our behalf, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services, email communication software, services, and analytics services.
- Professional advisors: Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. YOUR CHOICES
- Update, correct, or delete. You can contact us to ask us to update, correct or delete your information.
- Google Analytics Opt Out: You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us.
6. JOB APPLICANTS
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
11. CONTACT US
Akero Therapeutics, Inc.
601 Gateway Boulevard, Suite 350
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Phone: (650) 487-6488